1. Point-person for all things Customer Service
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Accept, record, confirm, and process complex chemical customer orders.
- Process customer order entry quickly and accurately while providing timely communication regarding status of service, time estimations, delays and cost.
- Work closely with Sales, Product Management, Accounting, Logistics and Purchasing to resolve issues.
- Provide timely responses to customer inquiries regarding general product and service information, sales quotations, order fulfillment and shipment tracking.
- Maintain records in Chempax: Ensure that correct and up-to-date information is documented on all files/orders for use by various departments and for customer inquiries.
- Handle changes and cancellations to orders, informing other AIC personnel as appropriate.
- Provide customers with AIC-controlled documents as required: Certificates of Analysis, Safety Data Sheets, and Specification Sheets.
- Assign material from inventory to fill customer orders.
2. Assist Sales, Product Management, and other necessary functions as needed
- Act as liaison between outside Sales Representatives and warehouse personnel.
- Research and resolve any reported discrepancies regarding orders.
- Interact with home office personnel as required on behalf of the Sales Representative.
- Interact with Logistics to arrange shipments and to prerelease imports.
- Interact with the Accounting Department regarding credit issues.
- Interact with Product Managers regarding pricing and product-availability issues.
- Interact with Purchasing to obtain updates on all AIC Purchase Orders.
- Interact with Inside Sales on handling new accounts.
- Continually interact with all Sales and all other departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
3. Other responsibilities:
- Special projects assigned by Manager, Customer Service.
- Track open orders daily.
- Send Certificates of Analysis prior to receipt of material.
- Identify and implement operational process improvements.